U-Scan Genesis II
Self-Checkout continues to grow
Self-service checkout is now a consumer expectation in most retail environments. U-Scan has had a leading role in the evolution and innovation of Self-Checkout for more than 20 years. Fujitsu U-Scan Genesis II is an extension of the long line of Fujitsu Self-Checkout products. Fujitsu SCO brings to market many of the latest technologies, and continues the Fujitsu heritage of industry-leading, well-designed and highly durable retail checkout self-service solutions.
- More intuitive customer interface – redesigned using the same human-machine interaction technology used to design automotive and aviation control systems, U-Scan Genesis II reduces transaction time, making it easier to follow on-screen customer instructions.
- “Above scanner” bill and coin accepting and dispensing units – speeds the transaction process and reduces the chance of customers leaving money behind. Vertical orientation of these devices into a tight cluster adjacent to the display makes it much easier and faster for consumers to find the bill, coin, receipt and coupon devices.
- Multi-item scanning – this patent-pending technology enables shoppers to scan items one after the other and then place them in the bag to further accelerate the check-out process. Shoppers do not have to scan and bag one item before scanning and bagging another.
- The Fujitsu F53 bill dispenser – has also been improved, streamlining the bill transport system to reduce bill travel distance and possibility of mis-feeds or jams. The new Genesis II improved assembly allows the bill exit fascia to travel with the dispenser so port alignment is never an issue. The bill out position is also new, just below the coin cup, but still adjacent to the plane of the scanner.
- MEI bill and coin acceptors – a world leader in coin and bill accepting technology, the new bill and coin acceptors are easier to operate, more reliable, fast, and more energy efficient. The new bill and coin acceptors have remote update capabilities so new security parameters can be quickly and easily updated.
- Data Logic 9800 Scanner Scale
- Retail-hardened Fujitsu TeamPoS 7000 terminals – designed to withstand the rigors of high-volume checkout environments with easy serviceability.
- Rapid integration to POS applications – using our sophisticated messaging framework and Virtual POS (VPOS) design, U-Scan can be quickly integrated to most retailers’ POS systems. Future POS upgrades are much simpler, faster and less costly to integrate with the U-Scan software, meaning much lower impact to retailer’s on-going POS release schedule.
- Modern Blue Light-Bar design – in contrast to the Genesis ATM Style “follow-me” Green LEDs, Genesis II introduces a new and more modern Blue Light-Bar design. The new light bars are carefully incorporated into the edge lines of the new Genesis II fascia and are more visually striking, against the Ocean Black background color.